Menu

Electrical help

• Creator
    Topic
    suleman09suleman09
    Participant

Hey,

I have a 2006 Town and Country 3.8L

The problem is that the right side sliding door is having electrical problems and I can’t figure it out.

The door doesn’t unlock or lock electronically, when the push the lock/unlock button on the key fob that door doesn’t do anything and when I do it from the interior buttons on the driver and passenger side doors the sliding door doesn’t lock/unlock, I have to manually lock or unlock it every time.

Also that same door, when it is unlocked and I push the key fob button or the interior button to automatically open the door, it opens but then sometimes it’ll automatically start closing as soon as it’s open fully.

There is a healthy battery in there, just over a year old.

Thanks in advance

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      charlescharles
      Participant

check all electrical connections for corrosion and bad grounds ! you might have to replace the control module for the automatic doors. which means dollar bills !

college mancollege man

see if this helps.Check the fuse and the actuator.

BillBill
          Participant

You will need to scan the body computer for fault codes as well as read the data to the door actuators to see if all of the commands are reaching the door componenets. You should be able to get the info needed for diagnosis.

charlescharles
            Participant

forgot to ask was the FOB the original ? if not that too can be your problem ! also check the fuses should be either a 10 amp (red fuse) or a 20 amp (yellow fuse) fuse location is 19 ! their is outside chance it could be the right side B-pillar switch has gone bad or has dirty connection with in. as this switch has a internal resistor inside that can go bad and cause all kinds of gremlin problems!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…