Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Fuse box problem/no power in Ford Escape 07

Fuse box problem/no power in Ford Escape 07

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Fuse box problem/no power in Ford Escape 07

• Creator
    Topic
    wk9kwk9k
    Participant

So one day recently in my 07 Ford Escape, my front and rear wipers and both washers both go out, the cigarette lighter, and the fuel gauge went out at the same time. Im not that great with electrical stuff but I am okay with it. So I’ve been probing and what not at the fuse box and I noticed the fuses in this one strip on the fuse box, none of them have power running through them, and these are the fuses that power runs to the things that don’t work. Heres a pic and the description of the fuses…..what do I need to do next now that I have figured this out…thank u

21-rear wiper motor and washer
      22-instrument cluster
      23-not used
      24- cigar lighter
      25-front wiper moter and washer

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      My NameisMy Nameis
      Participant

You need a schematic to determine which wires provide power to those circuits then check for an open circuit caused by corrosion or something else.

Wyr TwisterWyr Twister
        Participant

Were it mine , I would remove the negative cable from the negative battery post / terminal .

If you do not see any sign of damage / overhearing / burning on the side of the fuse block that you can see , remove it and look at the back of it . If bad , I would price the cost of the part at RockAuto.com , local parts houses & wrecking yards .

Also look for corrosion .

Best of luck
          God bless
          Wyr

wk9kwk9k
          Participant

Hey I haven’t had much time to get around to fixing it still I wanted to mention that I was using a 12v test light…and I attached the alligator clip to the positive side of the battery and with the probe of the test light, I touched the fuses that were dead and it sent power to the cigarette lighter. What exactly is happening here. Why are the fuses dead but when I touch the dead row of fuses it sends 12v to them and they work…then take off the probe and they die?

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
            Participant

What you are doing with the test light is supplying power to the supply side of the fuse (and verifying your diagnosis). When you remove your test light you are removing the power so the circuit dies. You probably need to pull the fuse box and find teh break in the supply side of teh fuses.

wk9kwk9k
              Participant

U mean like wyrtwister said to just replace the whole fuse box, or how exactly would u find the break.

Wyr TwisterWyr Twister
                Participant

Go to the salvage yard & pick up a good fuse box .

God bless
                  Wyr

wk9kwk9k
                  Participant

Ok will do I appreciate it everyone

wk9kwk9k
                    Participant

Well I finally got around to buying another fuse box the other day off eBay, and switched it out this morning. Success! Wipers and everything works again. Just wanted to give an update and say thanks to the replies especially Wyrtwister for the spot on answer.
                      New one in old one out!

Billy AndrewsBilly
                      Participant

Nice work, thanks for posting the resolution.

Wyr TwisterWyr Twister
                        Participant

You are very welcome . 🙂

Glad it helped . They say even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while . Guess I found an acorn . 🙂

God bless
                          Wyr

wk9kwk9k
                          Participant

Lol

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Loading…