Menu

1982 Mustang Donor Car Introduction

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum 1982 Mustang Donor Car Introduction

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I really love the noise this Mustang makes. What are your thoughts on the new addition to the Fairmont project?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Thomas FerryThomas Ferry
      Participant

Couple things when you decide to transfer the parts over. I hope you don’t plan on reusing the tranny and fuel pump. Those 2 things are the first things that grenade themselves on swap overs in what I’ve seen. You should also keep those rims. you can get custom made ford logos or fairmont logos to put in em or just have blanking plates. Overall a really good donor car!

Keymaster

[quote=”Jinzo” post=137324]Couple things when you decide to transfer the parts over. I hope you don’t plan on reusing the tranny and fuel pump. Those 2 things are the first things that grenade themselves on swap overs in what I’ve seen. You should also keep those rims. you can get custom made ford logos or fairmont logos to put in em or just have blanking plates. Overall a really good donor car![/quote]

I plan to rebuild the transmission before installing it in the Fairmont. As for the fuel pump, I really don’t see why I shouldn’t use it. I’ll be sure to wire it up correctly as I don’t feel it is on the Mustang as it sits.

Thanks for your input.

college mancollege man

Nothing beats the sound of V8 dual exhaust going down the road. Its a shame we don’t here that type of
            car exhaust sound anymore. 🙂 Transplant the engine and trans in the Fairmont for safety sake. A little
            scary on the mustang body. Once we went on that ride alot of potential there for the Fairmont. :cheer:

Thomas FerryThomas Ferry
            Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=137329][quote=”Jinzo” post=137324]Couple things when you decide to transfer the parts over. I hope you don’t plan on reusing the tranny and fuel pump. Those 2 things are the first things that grenade themselves on swap overs in what I’ve seen. You should also keep those rims. you can get custom made ford logos or fairmont logos to put in em or just have blanking plates. Overall a really good donor car![/quote]

I plan to rebuild the transmission before installing it in the Fairmont. As for the fuel pump, I really don’t see why I shouldn’t use it. I’ll be sure to wire it up correctly as I don’t feel it is on the Mustang as it sits.

Thanks for your input.[/quote]

Im more worried about when you go to to refurb the engine. Im afraid the pump wont be able to handle the power unless its an aftermarket one and still really recent but I can be wrong. I just know from watching various other people thats the first thing they tend to scrap is a fuel pump.

Keymaster

[quote=”Jinzo” post=137340][quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=137329][quote=”Jinzo” post=137324]Couple things when you decide to transfer the parts over. I hope you don’t plan on reusing the tranny and fuel pump. Those 2 things are the first things that grenade themselves on swap overs in what I’ve seen. You should also keep those rims. you can get custom made ford logos or fairmont logos to put in em or just have blanking plates. Overall a really good donor car![/quote]

Thanks for your input.[/quote]

Im more worried about when you go to to refurb the engine. Im afraid the pump wont be able to handle the power unless its an aftermarket one and still really recent but I can be wrong. I just know from watching various other people thats the first thing they tend to scrap is a fuel pump.[/quote]

A carburetor only needs 7-9psi. I think it will be fine.

Jonathan StiverJonathan Stiver
                Participant

Great donor with all the goods but a car that’s hacked up enough that I wouldn’t feel bad about stripping it down

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
                  Participant

I’d be torn between fixing up the Mustang or doing the Fairmont to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…