Menu
  • Home
  • 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L CEL P0633

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L CEL P0633

JaimeJaime
Participant

I thought a new battery solved all the issues, but I had an irrational fear of driving the truck anywhere at the holiday lol.

After I dropped the beautiful new battery in, it cranked right up, no stalling, no surging no hunting, no problem. I was able to put it in gear, take my foot off the brake, go forward and backward, and I did that three times. The third time she tripped omg —- P0507. U0168 P0633

P0577 actually makes sense. It had been idling smoothly at 1100. When the light tripped it was idling smoothly at 900.

SYMPTOM
    P0507-IDLE SPEED PERFORMANCE HIGHER THAN EXCEPTED

SET CONDITION
    Engine speed is 200 RPM or more above idle speed for 7 seconds. Two Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.

POSSIBLE CAUSES
    Good trip equal to zero
    Air induction system
    Vacuum leaks
    Throttle body operation.

But it didn’t stall out and die, and I think it will correct itself on the third 900 RPM event. The TPS has already been replaced and I cleaned the IAC really well. Somebody said I should have replaced the IAC so I am mindful of that.

I went out to start it this morning to drive down the block and back and it will not crank. All the lights are on (gauges all working, dash lights, dingy bells) but nobody is home under the hood.

Loading…