Menu
  • Home
  • 2011 Hyundai Sonata Possible Dead Starter [Need help confirming the issue]

2011 Hyundai Sonata Possible Dead Starter [Need help confirming the issue]

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2011 Hyundai Sonata Possible Dead Starter [Need help confirming the issue] 2011 Hyundai Sonata Possible Dead Starter [Need help confirming the issue]

LoganLogan
Participant

Thank you for the quick reply- I had a feeling the starter was shot, but I wanted to get a second opinion to be sure. As far as the alternator, I’ve had an over-charging alternator kill my last car, so I will definitely get that tested before putting the car back on the road…although my brother mentioned they DID just change the battery a few months ago before he moved back here- I didn’t find out about that until after making the initial post

And…I wasn’t thinking when I said “maybe jack stands”- buying jack stands should’ve been an obvious necessity for getting under there to change the starter (or do the brakes later). I should’ve said “and maybe a cheap portable jack” since I dunno how well the included spare tire jack would do for just getting the jack stands under there. I had a couple pairs of stands and a decent (although old) floor jack a few yrs ago, but unfortunately couldn’t take them with us when it came time to move

Loading…