Menu
  • Home
  • Reply To: 2014 Toyota Corolla 6speed, miss shift, rocker failure

Reply To: 2014 Toyota Corolla 6speed, miss shift, rocker failure

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2014 Toyota Corolla 6speed, miss shift, rocker failure Reply To: 2014 Toyota Corolla 6speed, miss shift, rocker failure

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
Participant

Might I suggest you get a bore-scope, remove the spark plugs and have a look inside each cylinder for any damage to the pistons cylinder walls. or debris before going any further.

Should I redo the compression test, both dry and wet with the throttle open and write my results down and compare?

Yes, but confirm as to the above.

If I try to start my motor up, will I damage anything if the valves are bent …

Possibly … damage / drop valve seat(s) (if that hasn’t already happened) snap a valve, damage a piston,head or cylinder(s)

would I have time to turn the motor off if I heard anything out of the norm? So I could see what my results are at operating temp

Most likely not. If you hear something wrong, the damage is likely already occurred.

Can I compression test And get a accurate reading on a cold engine? It’s been sitting cold for a few weeks now.

There is a procedure on how to do a compression test correctly.
    But in your case you can get ball park numbers to see if the engine has enough compression to actually start.

Might I suggest you get a bore-scope, remove the spark plugs and have a look inside each cylinder for any damage to the pistons cylinder walls. or debris before going any further.

Loading…