Menu
  • Home
  • Reply To: 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with the 3rd row heating stuff

Reply To: 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with the 3rd row heating stuff

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with the 3rd row heating stuff Reply To: 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with the 3rd row heating stuff

Stephen BowenStephen Bowen
Participant

We’ll chase down both options. Hopefully it’s not a head gasket. The fact it seems to have zero coolant flow to the heater core(s) is very interesting. I’ll have to see if I can ‘rent’ the block test tool. I already own one, but the vacuum bulb grew feet out of the toolbox. (Between the mice and the racoons, I’m lucky to have any tools left…)

What’s your impression on the best way to check circulation? Do you think pulling the heater hose off the engine and letting it ‘rip’ might yield results.

We’re also do for the timing belt service as well. Told the wife we might have to do both the water pump and the belt at the same time. Really hopeful it’s not a head gasket. I can deal with doing the water pump and timing belt- However I have to question if this Dodge is worthy of pulling the upper half of the engine apart. I still think it was built on a Friday. It gave my late sister nothing but trouble.

Thanks!! Have a super day

S-

Loading…