Menu

Why I’m Building a Fairmont

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions Why I’m Building a Fairmont

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Many of you already get why I’m building a Fairmont. Some of you don’t. Some of you just don’t like the car. All of that is cool, but I thought I would make a video explaining why I’m building such an ‘uncool’ car. If nothing else, it’s also a recap of some of what I’ve done so far, and how far I still have to go.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      zerozero
      Participant

The world we live in when you have to say that a built engine “only” has 575 horsepower. I still remember when the Viper came out and everyone was amazed by the seemingly gargantuan 400 horsepower.

Now my 2008 SRT4, with just under 300 at the crank isn’t even relevant. It’s a mad, mad world.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

I’m just putting this out there. Not to anyone specific, but to respond to many comments that have been posted to this video.

This video is NOT a justification of the Fairmont. It’s an explanation for those that don’t understand my reasoning behind building it, or why I chose the car in the first place. I realize it’s my car, and my YouTube channel and I can do whatever I want. Although I do respect my audience. After all, if you’re not watching, there really is no point.

I have seen some of the comments that mentioned they didn’t understand my reasoning until watching that video. THOSE are the people I was trying to reach. The people that get it, get it. The people that hate it hate it. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. I was just trying to very clearly outline my reasoning for choosing and building the car the way I did.

Thanks!

Charlie HoferCharlie Hofer
          Participant

I believe you should do what you feel is best, what I mean is the feedback your getting about your fairmont (my grandpa has a zephyr same color, just sayin) is what I have been getting from my in-laws about my 89 Ranger. They don’t understand the meaning, they figure since you have a newer vehicle that should be the end and its not. I own a 2001 Ranger but its not to replace my 89 in any way, it is something for me to drive until its done. Your videos as you have mentioned cover a variety of vehicle years and models, not as many as mine does, but its the thought that counts. I am all behind you on your fairmont, I am in no hurry to see it done because it takes time to make it right, I have been working on my truck since I bought it in 2009, whenever I have spare money I put it into something that needs to be done. I know one day it will be done, and as long as you know that there is an end in sight, make it right.

ToddTodd
            Participant

I totally get the Sleeper car concept. I have done it in some form to an 80s Mercedes, turbo diesel years ago.
              Enjoy all your videos, and appreciate your attention to detail and being through. Because that’s what it takes to do a good build, and to be a good mechanic.
              Personally I just couldn’t hang with the paint color on the Fairmont but otherwise cool build.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…