Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • ETCG Answers Questions Live #65 (AMA) 4/20/2016

ETCG Answers Questions Live #65 (AMA) 4/20/2016

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum ETCG Answers Questions Live #65 (AMA) 4/20/2016

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Another improved picture and sound Q&A. I was happy to get some more AMA questions in this one. Thanks to everyone that posted questions and watched. Feel free to share your thoughts on the show.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      zerozero
      Participant

Shameless bump because of Canadian music. The stuff you’re listening to probably was recorded in someones basement or garage. Not too much money to be made in music here. The country is also almost impossible to tour most of it. It’s kinda funny, I grew up with a couple of people that went on to be in more popular hardcore bands and most people in the city haven’t even heard of either band. Corporate radio has done a pretty good job of making local scenes difficult to access unless you’re actively involved in them. Gentrification has done the rest of the work as owners of live venues cash out. Last year we lost one of the great local rock bars, they’re putting up condos. Yeah.

For the guy wondering about organizing wrenches, I have a couple sets of Snap-On organizers. They aren’t cheap, but they are easy to use and adjust to the sizes you need. Just don’t use the 2-sided tape unless you’re absolutely sure. Small wrenches. Big wrenches.

Keymaster

[quote=”DaFirnz” post=164188]Shameless bump because of Canadian music. The stuff you’re listening to probably was recorded in someones basement or garage. Not too much money to be made in music here. The country is also almost impossible to tour most of it. It’s kinda funny, I grew up with a couple of people that went on to be in more popular hardcore bands and most people in the city haven’t even heard of either band. Corporate radio has done a pretty good job of making local scenes difficult to access unless you’re actively involved in them. Gentrification has done the rest of the work as owners of live venues cash out. Last year we lost one of the great local rock bars, they’re putting up condos. Yeah.

For the guy wondering about organizing wrenches, I have a couple sets of Snap-On organizers. They aren’t cheap, but they are easy to use and adjust to the sizes you need. Just don’t use the 2-sided tape unless you’re absolutely sure. Small wrenches. Big wrenches.[/quote]

Yea, so much music these days sounds like it was made in a lab. I’d rather listen to something that was made in a basement.

Thanks for the input.

GEOFFGEOFF
          Participant

I myself play guitar too. A Scheter Hellraiser with the battery operated EMG;s but I can’t agree more that modern music just has no talent anymore. I mean metal is the way to go if you want talent. The scales and movement across the fretboard isn’t like anything else out there. If i could suggest a band thats not really hardcore but heavy check out Black Label Society. In my opinion, Zakk Wylde is the best gutarist out still jamming away. He was in Ozzy and was the guitarist for the No More Tears album.

The one person mentioned a parasitic draw. Someone in one of my electrical classes had a similar issue and we disconnected the altenator and it went away. I think the issue was one of the diodes was shorted internally so since the altenator was always getting 12 volts to it because the line was hot at all times the shorted diode was allowing it to have a constant drain. Probably explains why the charging voltage was only 12.3 volts because the altenator wasn’t really working. I think if you did a a/c ripple test it would be way out of spec.

Keymaster

[quote=”SEROKA” post=164294]I myself play guitar too. A Scheter Hellraiser with the battery operated EMG;s but I can’t agree more that modern music just has no talent anymore. I mean metal is the way to go if you want talent. The scales and movement across the fretboard isn’t like anything else out there. If i could suggest a band thats not really hardcore but heavy check out Black Label Society. In my opinion, Zakk Wylde is the best gutarist out still jamming away. He was in Ozzy and was the guitarist for the No More Tears album.

The one person mentioned a parasitic draw. Someone in one of my electrical classes had a similar issue and we disconnected the altenator and it went away. I think the issue was one of the diodes was shorted internally so since the altenator was always getting 12 volts to it because the line was hot at all times the shorted diode was allowing it to have a constant drain. Probably explains why the charging voltage was only 12.3 volts because the altenator wasn’t really working. I think if you did a a/c ripple test it would be way out of spec.[/quote]

Yes, I did suspect an issue with a diode in the alternator based on that description.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…