Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Inspecting Your Vehicle for a Road Trip

Inspecting Your Vehicle for a Road Trip

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Inspecting Your Vehicle for a Road Trip

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Yes, it is a sponsored video, but I think it contains some useful information all the same.

Special thanks to my friend Gail Porter for her help with this one.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

Tire inflation pressure, including the spare. Good time to check to see if you still have the wheel wrench and all of the necessary jack parts.

Getting at the spare tire is also a good opportunity to get rid of the useless junk that seems to collect in the trunk.

James P GrossoJames P Grosso
        Participant

Good info. Might want to add check differential and transfer case fluid if you have all wheel drive, rear wheel drive, or the front wheel drive has a diff that uses gear lube. As Evil-I mentioned, make sure the check spare tire, tools for changing spare tire, and have any lug nut adaptors or lock keys.
          If you have a truck, you may want to invest in a spare tire lock. I had my spare tire stolen from my 2005 Ram 3500, and the replacement rim and tire was around $400.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

Tire pressure, checking the spare, and drive belts have come up a lot in the comments to this video. I could have sworn I covered tire pressure but then I remembered there’s another video coming out in the AZ series that covers that. I did however forget about the drive belts and spare though.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…