Menu

P0068

• Creator
    Topic
    rebelcajunrebelcajun
    Participant

I got

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

try cleaning you maf with crc maf cleaner. see if it changes. if not try unplugging the maf drive the truck see if the problem gets better C8-)
        also when you pull the connector inspect it for corrosion or broken pins.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

I would be looking for vacuum leaks going to the MAP.

MAP sensors are easily tested with a DVOM and a vacuum gauge. You also need to check the integrity of the wiring also by doing some voltage checks.

ScannerDannerScannerDanner
          Participant

Quoted From rebelcajun:

I got that code on 2006 Dodge 1500 4.7.liter V8. Changed Map sensor but got no results. When I am driving it acts like the transmission is shifting between gears. I changed fluid in trans at 60,000 miles and have tried to do all the regular maintanence. I sure miss those vehichles with a set of points and plug wires. What should I look for next?

This is a MAP/TPS correlation code. I would lean more toward a TPS problem with the transmission shifting funny. TPS failures are common on these.
            The flow chart for this code mentions these possibilities: MAP or TPS fault, vacuum leak, wiring or PCM.
            This isn’t mentioned in the flow chart but I have also seen dirty throttle bodies set this code, however a dirty throttle body wouldn’t give you shifting problems.
            Check the MAP as dreamer2355 recommended and also check the TPS. I have some videos on youtube on TPS testing if you need help with that.

ScannerDannerScannerDanner
            Participant

Quoted From EricTheCarGuy:

+1

It’s really great to have you here Mr. Danner! I’m learning new stuff already.

Hey Eric! Its good to be here. Good call on the “knocking” low power honda bro, not sure where my head was on that. I believe you are correct given the symptoms.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

Quoted From ScannerDanner:

This is a MAP/TPS correlation code. I would lean more toward a TPS problem with the transmission shifting funny. TPS failures are common on these.
                The flow chart for this code mentions these possibilities: MAP or TPS fault, vacuum leak, wiring or PCM.
                This isn’t mentioned in the flow chart but I have also seen dirty throttle bodies set this code, however a dirty throttle body wouldn’t give you shifting problems.
                Check the MAP as dreamer2355 recommended and also check the TPS. I have some videos on youtube on TPS testing if you need help with that.

+1

It’s really great to have you here Mr. Danner! I’m learning new stuff already.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…