Menu

P1706

• Creator
    Topic
    Craig A UpdegroveCraig A Updegrove
    Participant

I am Getting a P1706 on my 1998 Acura Integra LS Coupe B18B1. What does it mean? How do I fix it?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      twiggytwiggy
      Participant

I found this link below that should help. Not same year as yours but it shouldn’t be too different. Looks like a transmission code- A/T GEAR POSITION SWITCH (OPEN).

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/acura-integra-1999-acura-integra-engine-light-code-p1706

college mancollege man
          EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

The transmission range switch I believe is located on the shifter assembly in the console in that car. If perhaps you’ve spilled something on the console and you think it might have worked it’s way onto the switch this may be the cause. I have in the past removed them and cleaned them with some success.

ErikErik
            Participant

Hi Eric, im also having the same problem with my Nissan Sentra 2004 ser spec v. I tried changing the neutral position safety switch but when I did it was weird because from 1-6 gears the reverse lights were on but for reverse they turned off. How can I fix that?

college mancollege man

[quote=”erik030895″ post=177260]Hi Eric, im also having the same problem with my Nissan Sentra 2004 ser spec v. I tried changing the neutral position safety switch but when I did it was weird because from 1-6 gears the reverse lights were on but for reverse they turned off. How can I fix that?[/quote]

If you would make a new topic thread in service and repair that would be great.

Terry CarpenterTerry Carpenter
                Participant

Hi Eric,
                  I am also getting a P1706 code on my 2004 Nissan Xterra, the puzzler is that my transmission is manual, not automatic.. Is there any help you can offer?..Thanks!

Terry (winwizard)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…