Menu

Brake booster hose

• Creator
    Topic
    Jason Alexmckrishes
    Participant

I’ve got a 1999 civic lx (d16y7). I was correcting the routing of the brake booster vacuum hose on my car. I connected one end to the brake booster and the other end to the intake manifold. The part of the hose that connects to the connector on the intake manifold (not sure what its called, it looks like a spout of some sort) rotated upward as I was connecting it. It caught me off guard. I am not sure if this was normal. Is this supposed to rotate? Everything seems fine. Hose fits in good and is clamped. Car drives fine. I’ll include a diagram here. It’s circled in red. Thanks.

Attachments:
    Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      CharlesCharles
      Participant

So it sounds like a non issue. If you don’t have a vaccum leak and the power brakes work, all is well. As a test, with the ignition off, press and release the brake pedal repeatedly until all of the vaccum is gone. Then holding your foot with light pressure on the brake pedal, start the car and observe how long it takes for the pedal to drop slightly. If the pedal drops almost immediately, all is good. If it takes a long time, you should check the vaccum hose.

Jason Alexmckrishes
        Participant

Yeah, did that test and all was good, so I guess its no big deal. Haven’t had any problems so far.

hondaguy453hondaguy453
          Participant

Spray some carb cleaner around it just to be positive it doesn’t have a vacuum leak.

college mancollege man

check to see if the fitting is threaded.if it is
              put a small amount of pipe dope on the threads and
              thread it back in.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

I’m with the group, if you don’t have a vacuum leak then move on.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…