Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • heated Seats in a 2000 jeep grand cherokee

heated Seats in a 2000 jeep grand cherokee

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here heated Seats in a 2000 jeep grand cherokee

• Creator
    Topic
    dave1645dave1645
    Participant

🙁 Ok guys Heres the scoop Both seats do not work Fuses are good Elements read the correct resitance, There is 13.9 volts at the switches when they are turned on. any ideas ???
      the pasenger seat worked a couple of times… When switch to high amber light is on steady
      I hope somone can help with this…It is cold here in new England is there a scan tool that can tell me if my BCM module is ok ??

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      JimmyJimmy
      Participant

Did the problem happen a couple months back or, did the problem just happen? Did you spill anything recently?
        Seeing that your passenger seat is intermittant there could be a bad or loose connection. But, on the driver side is hard to diagnose because of you didnt give enough information.

college mancollege man
          dave1645dave1645
          Participant

the problems been there since i got the truck a year ago , but last winter was so warm, i forgot all about it , it just something id like to figuire out. Im the type of person, if something is there and it is suppose to work , it will bug me till i find it ..As i stated Ive done all the voltag and switch test as well as the element test. which makes me think it is the BCM im kinda lost here any help would be great

college mancollege man
              alexalex
              Participant

Did you try metering at the heating element itself??

It’s a pain cause you’ll need to pull the seat out and remove the seat cover to gain access to it.

Try metering at the male/female connector under the seat.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                Keymaster

My bets are on the heater element. It’s resistance may check good but it might still be bad. If you have voltage going to it when you turn the switch on I’d replace the elements. Keep us posted.

HudsonHudson
                  Participant

That’s a Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ 99-04)

I bought two heated power leather seats for my Jeep Cherokee (XJ 84-01) from a junkyard for $30 a seat. It’s a slight modification for them to bolt into an XJ. They will bolt directly into your Jeep. I personally ran a power wire to a relay to a switch and then spliced both the seats together and they work perfectly. Heat & Power both work great in them. You could just use the stock wiring. Probably like a $60-80 fix.

Oh, and with the switch, i put the seat in really really uncomfortable positions then kill the power to them, and explain to new riders that the seat is broken like that. I laugh hysterically when they’re either leaned all the way back in the back seat or jammed up against the dashboard.

dave1645dave1645
                    Participant

thanks for all suggestion, but im going to forget it till warmer weather gets here im to old to fart around in the cold I will let you guys know when I find it thanks for all your help

David WhippleDavid Whipple
                      Participant

I would start at the connector under the seat. Unplug it and on the vehicle side of the harness put your volt meter across the 2 pis. With the switch on you should read Battery voltage. if you do then the problem is in the seat. If you don’t then you are missing either power or ground to the seat.

If you are missing either power or ground. First connect your volt meter to a good ground and test the vehicle harness for power on both pins (still unplugged) if you dont find batt.voltage on either pin iI would suspect a broken connection between the seat and switch or bad switch.

If you have batt voltage at the seat connector connect 1 lead to batt positive and probe the vehicle harness for ground (It would appear as batt voltage on your meter). If this is missing then track the bad ground wire or tap a new ground into the harness

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…