Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Engine smooth at idle rough at acceleration

Engine smooth at idle rough at acceleration

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Engine smooth at idle rough at acceleration

• Creator
    Topic
    MatthewMatthew
    Participant

with my daewoo i have noticed 2 things 1 the engine is smooth as it is idle but runs rough once i give it gas 2 It will run smooth at idle until it warms up then it will run rough at idle and MORE rough at acceleration. What does this mean?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      A toyotakarlIts me

It sounds like things are fine in open loop, and when the car gets into closed loop you are having issues. Can be many things…. such as a MAF sensor problem or a coolant temperature sensor providing faulty data. It would be best to see what is going on with a diagnostic scanner. Are you getting any problem codes?

MatthewMatthew
        Participant

i dont have a code reader its on my list. P0432 CPS was the code i know of

A toyotakarlIts me

Ahhh, the bad catalytic converter code. Toyotas were known for throwing these without really having that bad of a cat and certain cars had to get their ECMs reflashed.

You can backprobe the rear O2 sensor and see what it reads when the engine is hot (it should stay steady)…. If the number jumps around like the front A/F sensor then you really may have a bad Cat. Sometimes it is a bad O2 sensor, but I confess, I don’t know much about the Daewoo line. Eric has a video on using a laser thermometer to measure the front and rear temp of the cat to see if it is clogged/inefficient. This is not a 100% perfect test, but do give you some idea of the health of the cat.

Cheers

MatthewMatthew
            Participant

Camshaft Sensor nat a cat

A toyotakarlIts me

LOL

MatthewMatthew
                Participant

i get them mixed up it is a P0342 code

A toyotakarlIts me

[quote=”LeoTheLion89″ post=62326]i dont have a code reader its on my list. P0432 CPS was the code i know of[/quote]

You said PO432 in your post. I think you meant PO342…

LOL

MatthewMatthew
                    Participant

I cant replace the CPS too complex to access and it wont take the code away either.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…