Menu

98 Honda Accord Transmission issue?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 98 Honda Accord Transmission issue?

• Creator
    Topic
    Austin WAustin W
    Participant

I am currently working on a 98 honda accord ex, I got the car to repair and i’m having troubles diagnosing my issue. It has the 4cyl engine with the baxa 4 speed auto trans, Transmission shifts very hard into all gears and down shifts really hard. also doesn’t always want to shift then if it does it take a long time and revs up before shifting. I’ve replaced both b and c solenoids and nothing changed, is my transmission shot or could it be the Pressure Control Solenoid?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dandan

could be a pressure control solenoid, maybe a throttle position sensor or MAP sensor, does the transmission sometimes seem too only shift at higher revs too or erratically? if you have a engine light on there may be some codes too give you a better hint on what may need attention. even if there is no engine light there may be some history codes that may point you down the right direction, Autozone does free scans…

Austin WAustin W
        Participant

yes it shifts at higher rpms and erratically shifts, I’ve got a scanner and tried to pull codes but there are no history codes or pending codes showing up.

college mancollege man
          Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…