Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Speedo Not Working 01′ Nissan Maxima

Speedo Not Working 01′ Nissan Maxima

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Speedo Not Working 01′ Nissan Maxima

• Creator
    Topic
    NissanMaxxNissanMaxx
    Participant

My speedometer stopped working properly on my 2001 Nissan Maxima. When the car is sitting and when I start it the needle on the speedo reads around 15 mph even though I’m not even moving. When the car is moving though the speedo lags a lot. I was wondering if replacing the cluster would fix this issue? Or could it be something else? And If I were to replace the cluster would I just take the old one off and put the new one in or I would have to do any wiring work? My speedo is really starting to bother me. Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      A toyotakarlIts me

If your vehicle speedometer is run from input from the VSS check there first..(which I believe it is) Use a scan tool to find out what the ECU is being told by the VSS…. If you get accurate speed from the scan tool, then the problem may be in wiring or cluster (most times a cluster)… Also, clusters can usually be rebuilt for a reasonable fee and include a guarantee… Buying one from a junkyard is a bit of a gamble….

I have used SPECMO for certain clusters, but an internet search can show you other companies that rebuild clusters..

https://www.specmo.com/

Good luck and keep us posted…

-Karl

NissanMaxxNissanMaxx
        Participant

It wouldn’t be the VSS. I already had that problem about a year ago and replaced it. Plus I would most likely have a CEL like I did last time. Ill try to use the scanner and see. But If I were to replace the cluster which I probably am don’t feel like rebuilding it, all I have to do is just take the old one off and put the new one on? No wiring work or anything?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…