Menu

Corolla 2E Vacuum Connection

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Corolla 2E Vacuum Connection

• Creator
    Topic
    EdiEdi
    Participant

Hi Eric,

I need some advice regarding the vacuum connection of my car corolla 2E-EE100R (right hand drive, AT) particularly on the VCV (vacuum control valve) middle port circled in red (see attachment). The issue is that my car has high fuel consumption (7km/L), sluggish, vibration when braked is pressed with gear set to drive (D) and sometimes on idle with AC on. What I have done is to change the distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires and spark plug itself using the recommended Denso model for my car with 0.8mm gap. To clean up inside the carburetor without dismantling it I used fuel additive and carb cleaner spray which help a lot to solve the sticky gas pedal. The vacuum line was messed up by the previous owner and not until I found a vacuum diagram (attached) I attempted to change it. The sensor (bimetal valve assy part # 25810) on the coolant attached to the manifold was broken and the vacuum line plugged. The idle up vacuum was rerouted and 1 port at the carburetor went unplugged. I corrected those by following the attached diagram. But I am unsure where to connect the VCV (part # 23275) middle port to which vacuum line.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
      Edi

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

see if this helps further.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…