Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1995 Accord LX has a cooling fan switch problem

1995 Accord LX has a cooling fan switch problem

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1995 Accord LX has a cooling fan switch problem

• Creator
    Topic
    FelipeFelipe
    Participant

Okay I have a 1995 Honda Accord LX 2.2 F22b2

My problem is that cooling fans do not turn on at all while in operation. They work because they come on when the a/c is on and also when the car turns off when it is hot one fan dose come one. The problem I am having is the switch that is right next to the thermostat housing. If you heat it up it dose not turn on and if you just heat it up and connect wires to each one it turns the fans on but dose not work if the switch is just connected to the connection. The thing that makes no sense is that if you manually connect wired to each of the terminals the fans turn on but just the connection its self it dose not trigger the fans.

this is the switch I am talking about.

any good feed back is appreciated if not my dad is just going to cut the connection and manually connect the wired to the sensor

Attachments:
    Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

If the fans work with the wires jumped.The thermo switch would be suspect
        of being bad. Unplug the connector and check the switch with an ohm meter.
        the ohms should go down as the temp comes up. Also check that your coolant
        is full.

FelipeFelipe
        Participant

I will check the coolant and see if I can get an ohm meter also it is not the original switch but, I do believe it is going to be the switch. Also I am not sure if the actual connector could be bad the green one because a white piece inside stays stuck in the switch when you pull it out when it is supposed to stay on the green connector. thanks for the quick response.

FelipeFelipe
          Participant

It’s know fixed 🙂

college mancollege man

[quote=”ItsFelipeA” post=135325]It’s know fixed :)[/quote]

Glad you got it fixed. What solved the issue?

FelipeFelipe
              Participant

It was the switch, it was defective, but know the cooling fans turn on and the temp does not rise. I did not have an ohm meter but, I knew someone with the same car and it did not work on their car so then I purchased a new switch and presto the fans would turn on when they were supposed too. Also, it was a little low on coolant.

college mancollege man

[quote=”ItsFelipeA” post=135408]It was the switch, it was defective, but know the cooling fans turn on and the temp does not rise. I did not have an ohm meter but, I knew someone with the same car and it did not work on their car so then I purchased a new switch and presto the fans would turn on when they were supposed too. Also, it was a little low on coolant.[/quote]

I can live with that. Thanks for the update and the fix. 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…