Menu

98 Integra LS Crank No Start Issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 98 Integra LS Crank No Start Issue

• Creator
    Topic
    Jeremy HelmJeremy Helm
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m new to the forum but have gleaned plenty of useful advice from here over the past year or two. I’ve run into an issue I need some help with.

I bought a 98 Acura Integra LS a few months ago as a project car, it has run fine as I was fixing the various suspension, brake, exhaust issues it had. I just finished the last of the suspension work turned the car on to let it run for a bit since it hadn’t in a few weeks. I drove it around the block and then put it back in its spot. The next day I went outside and it wouldn’t start. Here is what I know/have tried:

1.) Car cranks but won’t turn over.
      2.) Fuel pump comes on. (I swapped out the main relay just to make sure that wasn’t the issue because I had an extra one)
      3.) I cleaned the injectors and checked my fuel pressure and its fine.
      4.) I don’t have spark: I tested the coil and it falls within specification (I also put in a new one to see if it would make a difference, it didn’t help). I tested the ignitor and while I am getting 12v to the appropriate wires, I’m not getting spark, I replaced it but it didn’t fix the problem.
      5.) When I turn the key to the “on” position the check engine light comes on and stays on, but there are no codes.
      6.) I began to suspect the ECU may be the issue but I just received a known working one and it has not fixed the problem nor changed the check engine light.
      7.) The timing belt is still attached.
      8.) Distributor cap/rotor/spark plugs/plug wires are all new and were working previously.

Any help, thoughts, or suggestions would be appreciated! I just got to the point with the car where I was about to button up a couple little loose ends and get it inspected this is obviously making that task more difficult.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Andrew HarrisAndrew Harris
      Participant

Check to see if you are getting injector pulse on one of the injectors. My first thought is you have a crank position sensor issue but you would need to confirm this. Also is the security light in the dash flashing when you attempt to start?

Jeremy HelmJeremy Helm
        Participant

The engine light remains on and solid while trying to start. I will have to check for injector pulse tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Thanks!

JoshJosh
          Participant

I have this exact issue plz tell me what the issue was

hondaguy453hondaguy453
            Participant

You for sure checked for codes? Honda distributors are a pain in the butt sometimes, even if the coil checks out. If there isn’t a code, then I would check your security system as southerner has mentioned. If you have one of course haha.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…