Menu

1993 Honda Accord not starting

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1993 Honda Accord not starting

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike CastilloMike Castillo
    Participant

I bought a donor car to replace the engine in my wifes 90 accord. The car I bought is a 93. I got it cheap as it was in an accident, but there was no damage to the motor, which is what I’m after. The guy couldnt get it started when I was there, it didn’t make a sound , but the dash lights lit up. Told him I would be back the next day with a battery. A few minutes after I left he called me said he got it started. I went back, once again, there was no cranking, he then wiggled the battery cable and poof the car started. It ran for about a minute before it shut off, No gas. So I offered him $200 and if he towed it to my house, he took it.

Once at my house, it would not crank. I removed the battery from my wifes car, it was dead, took it to the shop and they said it was no good and under warranty, got a new one for free. Placed it in the 93 and nothing. I moved the cables around and the ones that went to the fuse block. Nothing. I took the starter out the 93 and had it tested, it was no good. I took the starter out the 90 and placed it in the 93. Still no cranking. The dash lights come on. I checked the cables, cleaned the connections. I hear a slight click under the dash when I turn the key. What am I missing? Is there a relay in the fuse box? If so, what does it look like and location? Fuse box under the dash or under the hood? I need to crank the engine over so i can check compression, dont wanna swap it for nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…