Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1993 E350 5.8: NO SPARK: TFI / ICM PIP PIN NOT GETTING 10 VOLTS w/ KOEO

1993 E350 5.8: NO SPARK: TFI / ICM PIP PIN NOT GETTING 10 VOLTS w/ KOEO

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1993 E350 5.8: NO SPARK: TFI / ICM PIP PIN NOT GETTING 10 VOLTS w/ KOEO

• Creator
    Topic
    MarkMark
    Participant

I have watched the ETCG/Scanner Danner YT video numerous times but my E350 TFI’s PIP pin is only getting .94v not the 10 volts that they get in the video: https://youtu.be/YmcCVQK87TU . I temporarily installed a new (NOS Standard LX-237) PIP crank sensor unit like they did in the ETCG/Danner video but the TFI PIP voltage only got up to 5.54V but that is still an improvement from the .94V with the old crank sensor. I did measure the TFI PIP pin voltage with no crank sensor plugged in and finally did get the 10V back so I am confused about where the source of the 10V actually is. In the ETCG/Danner video they get 10V even though the crank sensor is bad. In one of the Ford Truck forums there is a popular contributor named ‘SUBFORD’ who says that the source of the 10V is the computer except for one post I read of his where he said that the Distributor PIP was the source. SUBFORD said that the a bad computer (PCM) can also cause no TFI PIP 10V and that if the 10V returned when the PCM was unplugged then that would indicate a faulty PCM which I did unplug but still got no 10V. In my case the 10V returns when the PIP crank sensor connector is unplugged so would that indicate a bad PIP crank sensor unit? If the distributor wasn’t located in such a hard to get at place (under the body’s firewall frame) then I would replace it just to rule it out. The E350 was running great last year but then one day it would crank but not start with no spark. I am not a professional mechanic, I only work on my own vehicles. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…