Menu

Tite Reach Tool Review

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Tite Reach Tool Review

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This is one of those tools that you break out from time to time, but don’t use every day. It’s nice to have in the tool box when you need it. What are your thoughts?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Rudy WilmothRudy Wilmoth
      Participant

🙂 That was a nice video on the tool Eric. It does seem to be a tool that will have very limited usage. The fact that it does not appear to transfer the air impact’s hammering ability via the tool may limit it’s use with the air impact. I see the tool as a nice to have around and may save some extra wrenching, but the tool’s cost may keep it from being an common item in a tool set. It was a good find for a tool that I have never seen before.

Steve WebbSteve Webb
        Participant

Really cool idea…ratcheting from up top whilst the bolt unscrews from below. nice.

in my opinion though its a bit gimmicky and the fact the impact gun didn’t touch it makes it a bit pointless.

Keymaster

It is indeed a special tool with limited uses. It’s still a neat little tool that will be fun to play with.

RereonehundredRereonehundred
            Participant

Do you know how the two drives are connected inside the Tite Reach?

Is it a gear train or toothed belt?

Take one apart for us.

Kevin CriswellKevin Criswell
              Participant

[quote=”Rereonehundred” post=82022]Do you know how the two drives are connected inside the Tite Reach?

Is it a gear train or toothed belt?

Take one apart for us.[/quote]

This explains why it is not impact compatible.

RereonehundredRereonehundred
                Participant

Thanks for the Tite Reach anatomy lesson. Good find.

The chain would certainly damp the impacts and render them ineffective.

Participant

[quote=”Rereonehundred” post=82052]Thanks for the Tite Reach anatomy lesson. Good find.

The chain would certainly damp the impacts and render them ineffective.[/quote]

Be great for hand tools though.

A toyotakarlIts me

Snap on used to sell them a few years back. Actually, they are fairly rare and collectible…

I have a 1/4 and 3/8 drive Snap on (Blue Point) version… Never got the 1/2 size…

I don’t think I have ever used them, but probably wasn’t thinking hard enough about the problem set to reach for it…

Karl

Participant

[quote=”ToyotaKarl” post=82104]Snap on used to sell them a few years back. Actually, they are fairly rare and collectible…

I have a 1/4 and 3/8 drive Snap on (Blue Point) version… Never got the 1/2 size…

I don’t think I have ever used them, but probably wasn’t thinking hard enough about the problem set to reach for it…

Karl[/quote]

That’s cool, did not know Snap on made those also

Keymaster

That’s funny. The people at Tite-Reach asked specifically that I not open the tool up in the video. They didn’t say anything about someone posting a pic on the forum however.

I agree that this design is probably not conducive to impact use, but design, and by experience. I think it can still be a useful tool however. You just need to find the right application for it.

Thanks for showing us the Snap-on version ToyotaKarl.

A toyotakarlIts me

Well, the Tite-Reach has a heck of a lot more torque capability… The discontinued Snap on ones limit the amount of torque on them and they even state using a impact will void the warranty…

I pretty much keep mine around because believe it or not, they are collectable and people pay upwards of $100-$150 for them…. They were hard to find even years ago..

Here is a pic of the warning on the Snap on ones… The top is a 1/4 drive, the bottom two are 3/8 drive…

-Karl

Keymaster

I was surprised that they said I could use an impact for that very reason. Considering the cost of the Tite-reach tools, I don’t think it matters too much. I’m sure the Snap-on set set you back a few bucks.

Lorrin BarthLorrin Barth
                              Participant

Eric, remember when you were at the tool show and a vender displayed a tool set that linked normal wrenches together. That’s a set I’d like to have. I’m getting old and not so arm strong anymore. I’m always looking for leverage.

Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=82211]I was surprised that they said I could use an impact for that very reason. Considering the cost of the Tite-reach tools, I don’t think it matters too much. I’m sure the Snap-on set set you back a few bucks.[/quote]

Weird, you would think the stress on the chain and sprockets when busting a tight fastener loose or getting something really tight would do damage. Heck just busting a faster free would have to cause the chain to jerk really hard on the drive sprocket as the torque is bounced back and forth.

Keymaster

[quote=”barneyb” post=82697]Eric, remember when you were at the tool show and a vender displayed a tool set that linked normal wrenches together. That’s a set I’d like to have. I’m getting old and not so arm strong anymore. I’m always looking for leverage.[/quote]

I think the tools you’re talking about are made by EzRed. You might check out their website to see if the tools you’re talking about are available.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…