Menu
  • Home
  • Reply To: 99 Silverado AC Issue – leak all over after replacement

Reply To: 99 Silverado AC Issue – leak all over after replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 99 Silverado AC Issue – leak all over after replacement Reply To: 99 Silverado AC Issue – leak all over after replacement

John PhoenixJohn Nepa
Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I believe the 32 oz is correct. It was weighed on a Master Cool scale from a where you input the charge so it beeps and shows the charge amount when you get there. I had it written down from a past repair and I looked it up prior to doing this to make sure. I don’t have a sticker on the truck anymore as it must have fallen off years ago.

I’ll have to see if I can find any other sources for the charge info to triple check that. The oil/freon amount I got from http://www.techchoiceparts.com/refrigerant-and-oil-capacities/chevrolet-light-truck

I used the 2000-2001 since my 99 was a mid year change to the new body style and most times I can only find parts under 2000. They have 2 different values based on the compressor and checking the old compressor mine should be the 32 oz one. I’ll go back and check if I see it in the factory manual as a triple check but I’m sure that is where I may have gotten it the first time I wrote it down.

After the charge I didn’t get any over heating issues.

Loading…