Menu

’01 Toyo Camry 2.2 w/P0301

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here ’01 Toyo Camry 2.2 w/P0301

• Creator
    Topic
    hondaguy453hondaguy453
    Participant

So here’s what I’ve tried so far…
      1. Compression test with these readings: No 1: 160, No. 2: 150, No. 3: 150, No. 4: 150
      2. Checked spark by removing plug and inserting it into the spark plug boot while grounding it on the valve cover. Cylinder has spark. And I swapped no. 1 spark plug with no. 2 to see if the code would jump, but it didn’t.
      3. Listened to the fuel injector via a stethoscope and heard clicking. Also made sure by disconnecting the injector and listening for the difference. Fuel injector is getting a signal from the ECU. I even swapped the No. 1 injector with No. 2 to see if the code would jump cylinders, but nope lol.
      4. Sprayed around the intake manifold around the No. 1 cyl, but couldn’t hear any difference in RPM. I also used water, but I did this after using the carb cleaner.
      5. Used the sniffer at work to see there were any HC’s getting into the coolant, but again, didn’t find anything lol.

I’m not sure what else to do. The MIL is blinking, so you know it’s pretty bad haha. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      hondaguy453hondaguy453
      Participant

Spark plug wires, folks lol… shake muh head… Oh well, at least it’s fixed haha.

BillBill
        Participant

When you check for spark with the plug grounded to the engine is different that firing under compression.

I’m sure you won’t be fooled by that again… 🙂

hondaguy453hondaguy453
          Participant

Hahaha, no I will not

college mancollege man

Glad you worked it out.Thanks for the update.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…