Menu

04 chevy a c

• Creator
    Topic
    raceking1324raceking1324
    Participant

i have a 04 Chevy that has a recirculation problem the vent under the dash on the passenger side does not stay closed so my recirculation does not work the right way and i think there is something wrong with the compressor one day ill hear it kick on and off and then a another day i wont and i live in AZ and i need it bad i watched all Eric ac videos but i still need help the first is the vent and then we can go on from there OK i think some one dropped some thing down the hole and when they went to get it they pushed it and now i don’t know what to do ???help

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tri9SSTri9SS
      Participant

I believe gm lets the vent circulate just a certain percentage like 80 ar 90 percent the other 10-20 percent is air from outside. Now if the door is not moving then it could be a vacuum leak in the vacuum hose that controls the vent door. some cars have electric motors that control them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ayGTFR9gHs

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

Keep in mind if you have a vent door problem that would be separate from an AC compressor problem. Mostly the HVAC is controlled by electric motors and doors, if you think somone dropped something down into the HVAC then it may be keeping the door from operating properly, you may have to get into the dash and the HVAC assembly to remove it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…