Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 05 Accord V6 Auto. Belt Tensioner Question

05 Accord V6 Auto. Belt Tensioner Question

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 05 Accord V6 Auto. Belt Tensioner Question

• Creator
    Topic
    fitonefitone
    Participant

I recently replaced the serpentine belt on my 05 Accord V6, w/auto. trans. Car has 80K miles. Noticed that the upper idler pulley does not spin very freely with the belt off as compared to the lower idler pulley. So my first question is should I replace both idler pulleys only or go ahead and replace the entire auto. tensioner assembly at this point in time ? Second question, any opinions on OEM vs say Dayco for the replacement parts ?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Honestly it’s good that it did not ‘freewheel’ as that would be an indication that it was good. Here is a video that I did on belts and pulleys that might help explain things better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSTZdTAB_As

fitonefitone
        Participant

Eric,
          Thanks for the quick reply. Just watched your belts and pulley video. I did not have any signs of wear on belt surface of the pulleys or any movement of pulleys as you presented in your video. I will just wait until it’s time to replace the timing belt and deal with auto. tensioner at that point in time.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…