• Topic
  • 05 Silverado Bose speaker replacement

05 Silverado Bose speaker replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Car Audio 05 Silverado Bose speaker replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    Scott OsborneScott Osborne
    Participant

I have an 05 Silverado with the premium Bose system, it have the external am and the sub. My front speakers are starting to break up a bit and I would like to replace them. What should I go with that will maintain the stock look and not cost a fortune. I can get Bose replacement speakers but those are over $120 each at the dealer. I would imagine the aftermarket has a better solution. I used to be into car audio back in the 90’s but have been out of it so long that I don’t know what’s good anymore. I used to run all MBquarts in my minivan, but I don’t really need that level of sound quality. That was a time when I was young and single and had nothing else to do with my money.

The truck does have the tweets in the a-pillars so I was questioning if using coaxials in the doors would give me too. Much high. Does anyone just make a plain driver?

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      zerozero
      Participant

Just had a quick look at one online retailer, it looks like you have a somewhat random sized speaker in the front and I did not see a plain driver. You should be able to get into a decent pair of coax’s for about $60US a pair. If there’s too much treble that’s for your ears to decide, playing with any EQ setting might alleviate a minor imperfection. They make bass blockers and I could swear years ago (like 10) I saw high-pass filters somewhere. Maybe delving into the world of audio further could yield results.

You could always by a lesser pair of coax’s and “neuter” the tweeter. See if it works.

Scott OsborneScott Osborne
        Participant

The EQ part is tough. The Bose head unit doesn’t give you much in the way of adjustment. Also I was worried about just putting any replacement speaker in. The Bose amp is set to use 2 ohm drivers so if I put 4 ohm drivers in than I will have volume balance issues.

The Bose stuff really makes plug and play replacement difficult….Thanks Chevy

zerozero
          Participant

It shouldn’t bee too bad in terms of balance. If it bugs you that much, you could change the rears too. Granted my hearing is generally crap.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…