2009 Honda Civic LX 4dr Auto, 185K 1.8L
This has happened multiple times.
7am: Daughter leaves for school. 0.5 miles away.
2pm: Daughter Leaves school for home: She said car does not Crank.
5pm: I go there to take a look: No Crank, , no clicking, no buzzing. all dash lights work, headlights are bright.
8pm: Come back: Cranks and runs fine, no loss of power, everything works.
I was able to reproduce the issue by taking the car for a short drive.
Cranks and starts fine (5+ times) immediately and within 1-2 hours after short drive.
After about 2-3 hours of letting it sit, it wont Crank.
After about 5-6 hours, it cranks start, and runs fine.
Trying to eliminate the causes, I have tried the following so far when it DOES NOT Crank: All these resulted in No Crank
- Tested Battery at two different auto shops , both tested GOOD and CCA above rated.
- Tried to crank in Neutral
- Tried to crank in Park while jiggling the gear shifter.
- Tapped on starter, then tried to crank.
- Tapped on Starter while having someone try to crank.
- Changed Starter relay under the driver side dashboard plastics.
- Placed test light on yellow wire of the ignition switch connector and tried to crank (Test light lights up. )
Does this eliminate the Battery, Starter, P/N Safety Switch, Starter Relay and the Ignition Switch?
I was thinking maybe the Alternator or Parasitic Battery drain, but why would it crank 6 hours later or the next morning?
I’m running out of ideas, any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. TIA
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.