Menu

1966-1967 Chevelle.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars 1966-1967 Chevelle.

• Creator
    Topic
    hondaslave1342hondaslave1342
    Participant

Im now 39 years old and will never forget when pops told me to grab my toolbox when i was 12 years old. He was picking up a wrecked car, and when i set my eyes on it, it was love at first sight. A 1967 SS 396 4-speed Chevelle..This love has not waned..I remember starting that jewel for the first time in 1986= flames were back firing out the carb and hitting the ceiling…love these cars..And yes i sold it, regret it, and it was a true SS 138 code..

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Participant

another one i owned,,1967 Malibu

619DioFan619DioFan
          Participant

Nice. I currently have a 69 chevelle. malibu not ss . I am the second owner and have had it for over twenty five years ( original SanDiego , ca car by the way- sd is where I call home ) it has been through changes and is currently in ” project state ” as well as being for sale. have ownd lots of muscle cars over the years all were fun. but time and money just are not there to finish this one so looking for her to go to a new home

ChevypowerChevypower
            Participant

My dad had a 67 Malibu all through the 80s. Beautiful Blue with Black Vinyl top. 327, M21 WR, Hurst shift kit, and 12 Bolt Moser 4:11 True posi with 33 spline axles. TQ Thrust II wheels. He swapped the Rochester Q-jet for a 650 Holley and to this day, swears it was his worst Automotive decission ever. The Rochester had mechanical choke and he said: “The Primaries in that God-damn thing were as big as a fucking Coke can! I could barely keep the tires from spinning when I did a 1-2 shift.”

Old dad had his fun and put in a Mallory Dual-Point Ignition system. On our move from Kanoga Park in Los Angeles County up to Everett and eventually Bothell, WA, the car made it 100 miles, and the points in the distributor went out. It made the remainder of the journey and lasted as a daily driver for several months with a Match-Book in there. Then in 90, the rear end grenaded, so dad put in a Buick 10 Bolt 4:10 True posi. He sold it in late 90 or early 91 to make way for the 32 Plymouth 3 Window Coupe.

I wish he still had the 67 and he wishes he would have kept it and BUILT the 327 and put in a Rock Crusher then found a newish 12 bolt 4:88. The $12K that went into the Deuce Coupe would have made one H3LL of a good 327!

His dream has always been a 67 Chevelle SS 427 Convertible. Well, it was his dream until I started researching the (surprise) build project. I found out the only TRUE Chevelle SS in 67 was the 396.

I plan to build it, and let my dad drive it for a few years as my way of saying: “Thanks, dad. Thanks for getting me into cars.” I’m going to build the 375HP 396 (L-78, right?) with ARP fasteners throughout. Rock Crusher, and 3:73 True Posi. Dad is 56 years old, add in the 15-20 years from now when I can finally finish it, and he’d get hurt in a 283 lol. I plan on tricking him into helping me assemble the engine though. Haul the parts to his house and say: “Dad, I got a buddy who needs this thing ASAP and I can’t do it fast enough by myself. Help me out for old times’ sake? Come on, it’ll be just like when I was in diapers, banging on pistons with a plastic hammer.”

I am considering building the whole car to Factory specs, except put in a completely late-model interior and BCM. I figure electric seats, mirrors, bells, and whistles will be better for an old man. No back seat though. Why bother? It’ll be me and dad, cruising. If not, then Mom and Dad getting groceries. It will be black with red racing stripes, and red interior. I like red on black. Looks hot.

Mad props to the original thread poster: Hondaslave for posting a killer story. Points deducted for the sad ending. Shoulda kept it. DON’T let this one go just yet! I know it’s none of my business, but finances and economy be D@mn3d!! You only live once, boss. At least hold onto it until you can scrounge up enough Pesos for that next part. And then hold onto it until you have the Denaro to buy the next part. And the Euros for the one after that.

Everyone I have ever known who has sold their Detriot Iron regrets the sale. IDK, just food for thought, brother.

OH, and I regret that the only picture of the Malibu that dad has is a tattered one that I keep in my wallet.

Thoughts?

ADVICE?!?!

markhoganmarkhogan
              Participant

67 Chevelle SS is by far my favorite car of all time. I’ve been looking for a junker for a while to rebuild.

joescorpiojoescorpio
                Participant

Participant

Quoted From markhogan:

67 Chevelle SS is by far my favorite car of all time. I’ve been looking for a junker for a while to rebuild.

thats right…i love these cars…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…