Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1979 Ford Fairmont 80MM Turbo LS Madness!

1979 Ford Fairmont 80MM Turbo LS Madness!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge What Are You Working On? 1979 Ford Fairmont 80MM Turbo LS Madness!

• Creator
    Topic
    RustinRustin
    Participant

Hey guys, my name is Rustin, thanks for stopping by to look at my junk! I have been building this Fairmont for just a touch over a year now and gotten to a “finished” state until the race season begins. I thought I would share my journey with you guys in picture form from start to ‘finish’! The car went though various iterations of “I want to do this, no that, no this!” I settled on race car that is street driven in the end. Everything on this car I did myself, front to back, start to finish. It has been a long and educational journey.

SPECS:
      1979 Ford Fairmont 4 Door AKA The Barbie Fun Car
      5.3L V8 255K junkyard engine (LS6 springs is the only performance mod to fend off valve float)
      Billet 80/96 1.32 turbo (2.5 inch hotside 4 inch downpipe)
      Built Stock Case 1.76 Powerglide with trans brake…. mystery torque converter
      8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears w/ disc brake conversion
      Megasquirt Gold Box Engine Management with a Holley Dominator 12-1200 and 80lb injectors

If you have ANY questions or comments don’t be afraid to leave them! I will do the best I can to answer you!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…