Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1988 low idle speed when ac compressor is running

1988 low idle speed when ac compressor is running

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1988 low idle speed when ac compressor is running

• Creator
    Topic
    Robert PilsuckiRobert Pilsucki
    Participant

I have a 1988 honda accord lx 2.0 5 spd. I just repaired the ac system and converted to r134a. Before I fixed the ac sytem the idle speed would decrease minimally with the ac on, adjusting for the additional load. Now the idle speed slows to between 3 and 400 rpms. I have found plenty of information on fule injected models but mine is carbuerated. I looked around the carb ro see if I could find some thing that runs from the compressor to signal it to increase idle speed but to no avail. Any clues?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

see if this helps.

Participant

Thanks for your speedy reply. I got the see if this helps part but there was no link or text. My computer skills are less than stellaris there something I missed in your reply?

college mancollege man

[quote=”TL408″ post=101995]Thanks for your speedy reply. I got the see if this helps part but there was no link or text. My computer skills are less than stellaris there something I missed in your reply?[/quote]

I posted a video about the carb choke.
            You may need to change your browser or open a new browser.
            Mozilla firefox.

Participant

Thanks I’ll give it a whirl

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…