Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe Clutch Problem

1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe Clutch Problem

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe Clutch Problem

• Creator
    Topic
    TerryTerry
    Participant

Greetings,

This post is for me. I have a 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe with a 5 speed manual transmission. When I’m driving I can hear what sounds like a cricket on a continuous loop. If I put the lightest pressure on the clutch pedal the noise goes away. What’s making the noise? Is it the throw out bearing? There’s no problems with the clutch or transmission. The gears change smoothly. Thanks for any input.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dandan

can you make a video of the sound you are hearing? sometimes it helps a little if we can hear the sound to make a more through diagnosis.

John HugonJohn Hugon
        Participant

If I remember the clutch fork spring rivets coming loose that held the throw out bearing in place would make noise and when you put your foot on the clutch pedal the noise would go away…..its been so long I can’t remember what the noise sounded like.

TerryTerry
          Participant

[quote=”13aceofspades13″ post=149434]can you make a video of the sound you are hearing? sometimes it helps a little if we can hear the sound to make a more through diagnosis.[/quote]

That’s a good idea. I’ll try.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…