Menu

1989 accord 2.0

• Creator
    Topic
    Frank PhillipsFrank Phillips
    Participant

I need to change the timing belt and cannot find any reference to this year, 1990 is as far back as anyone seems to go. It is a sohc 12 valve and probably a little more simple than the newer stuff. Mostly looking for direction on belt tension or any tips.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

If you go to the home page. Eric has videos for sale. To help you with your timing belt change.
        check it out.C8-)

hondaslave1342hondaslave1342
        Participant

i concur with last post..i purchased the vide=great deal…and changed mine on my 2001 accord…..

MattMatt
          Participant

I purchased those videos just for knowledge’s sake, even though I wasn’t working on those vehicles. I think it’s $10.99 per vid. Find the one that matches yer engine closest, and buy it. You won’t be disappointed. It was just a good watch for me. Now if only I get Eric to do a couple Toyotas…. 🙂

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

I believe you have the older version of that engine which is not covered by the video. The process is similar however it only has one belt. I’ve seen a lot of oil leaks on that engine so you might consider replacing the cam and crank seals along with the belt itself. Even though the video is not for your application it does show how to tension the belt and remove the crank pulley which could be useful information for you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…