Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1990 ford thunderbird super coupe 3.8l no start no check engine light

1990 ford thunderbird super coupe 3.8l no start no check engine light

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1990 ford thunderbird super coupe 3.8l no start no check engine light

• Creator
    Topic
    jasonjason
    Participant

It’s been sitting for 2 years and I did oil and all the filters and fuel filter and fuel pump and a new cam shaft sensor and this is what I’m running into I got spark and I got fuel pressure to the rail but not past injectors into the engine I’m thinking clogged injectors bad ecm or bad ground on ecm because it will start with starting fluid and also I have no idea were the ecm ground is located on this ford if anyone could help it would be much appreciated the reason I lean toward ecm is because no check engine light and when I bridge the wires for the diagnostic flash there is no start or end codes and one thing to mention is I tried to get it to check engine light so I pulled the TPS sensor and cranked and the check engine came on only when it was cranking and would start dim and get brighter and brighter any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Before you condemn the ECU.
        You state:
        because it will start with starting fluid
        You need to see if the injectors are being signaled to pulse.
        You’ll need a node light that will plug in to the injector connector to see if it lights during cranking.
        If it does then the injectors are not working.
        Be that from being clogged, gummed up or poor ground.

jasonjason
        Participant

Rented a noid light kit today from orielys and no blinking from injector #1 🙁

Participant

DELETED … wrong thread

jasonjason
            Participant

Gonna go take this kit back maybe it is the light. rent kit so it’s been through some hands I’ll see if napa has 1 tomarrow thank you for the quick responses

Participant

My bad.. got my posts mixed up .
                No injector pulse, no fuel to cylinder, no start
                Suggest you test the remaining injectors for pulse.
                If none have, then look at the fuse(s) then crank and/or cam sensor for correct operation.

jasonjason
                Participant

Sorry it took so long no one else had a noid kit so I ordered 1 and yeah no flashes or blinks from the noid light 🙁 so cam and crank sensors?? I’ve checked all fuses… would a maf sensor be a problem with injector pulse in this car I did have to put a new male connection on for the sensor because the wires were crusty didn’t replace the sensor though . Just trying to narrow it down ….

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…