Menu

1991 Toyota Tercel

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge What Are You Working On? 1991 Toyota Tercel

• Creator
    Topic
    dollman0dollman0
    Participant

Today I am working on the brakes since the stopping power is crap.

Here is the story with this car. Back in April, this hateful neighbor poured stuff in all the fluids IE: engine oil, power steering, radiator and brake fluid. The brakes would barely apply and were dragging pretty bad.

I removed the master cylinder and the fluid would not squirt from the passages with hand pressure on the master cylinder. I finally got the jelled up gunk out of the master cylinder. I tried to remove the plunger but it was stuck. The swollen seals were all scratched up and hard. This master cylinder was only a few months old when this happened.

Today I have the front rotors off and those rotors need to be on the ‘Wall of Shame.’

Because of all the sabotage to this car (and two other vehicles), I am forced to spend money on a dead horse of find another car and lose all the work that was done to this one through suspension, A/C, alarm system and brakes. The engine is also not in good shape after dirt was discovered in the engine oil.

I bought this car with a bad engine and converted it from a 3EE to a 5E-FE with twin cams. I am looking for another JDM engine because now it will be a drop in engine since all the previous conversion and I know fixing the piston rings will cost more then a complete replacement engine.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jared ThomsonJared Thomson
      Participant

I would shoot your neighbors car up, but hey, thats just me.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…