Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1992 dodge dakota 5.2l transfer case removal

1992 dodge dakota 5.2l transfer case removal

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1992 dodge dakota 5.2l transfer case removal

• Creator
    Topic
    jasonjason
    Participant

Just testing the waters here i have a 1992 dodge dakota le 5.2l MPI trying to get my transmission out to rebuild it with my grandfather so im doing all the heavy lifting and crawling lol . But ran into a problem getting the transfer case out there is literally no room for it to just pull out. and the torsion bar crosss member is welded to the frame ive jacked up the transmission to see if it would help, it did about a half inch but there is still another half inch to clear the studs of the transfer case to the overdrive super pain, the tail shaft of the transfer case is tool long for it to clear under neath the torsion bar cross member. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to get the transfer case out.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      GregGreg
      Participant

You have just enough room to pull the transfer case back off the studs and then rotate the case so that you can pull it the rest of the way back off the spines of the tail shaft then tip the front down to slide it below the transmission and out. Putting it back in is a little more fun.

RobRob
        Participant

insome causes you might have to pull the engine out too or you might have to take it off the motor mounts to wiggle it and give you more room… would suck but thats how it is sometime

jasonjason
          Participant

thank you guys i finally got it out with jacking the transmission and lowering it tell i found the sweet spot what a pain ill install it on the overdrive for the install that way the studs wont be such a pain

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…