Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1992 Honda Accord LX Timing Belt ssue

1992 Honda Accord LX Timing Belt ssue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion 1992 Honda Accord LX Timing Belt ssue

• Creator
    Topic
    i3igmindi3igmind
    Participant

Hello,
      I have bought Eric’s video on showing how to do the timing belt and it was of a great help to me! as this is my first timing belt change ever(n00be ).

So i got #1 piston TDC everything line up, and i was able to take the camshaft bolt out. and lower T-belt cover, my issue is this now:

The camshaft sprocket marking (front and back ) and pulley, Distributor pointing #1 , and the flex point dead on while marking and are all TDC , except when i took the lower T-belt cover , noting is aligned ?!!!! balance shaft, oil pump drive are not on time 🙁

Question 1:
      How or what is the trick to get the car back on TDC after loosen the Crankshaft bolt. (option #1 if i got clockwise am tighten the bolt back on ! “I tried it and i had to stick the hoes again to loosen it back” . option #2 is to go Anti-clockwise which unscrew the bolt before i can get it to TDC)

Here is a video i took to show what i am seeing with this problem:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iyfBoXv9oO8”

Please help me as i am stuck

Thank you in advance

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

Welcome to the forums.

The link does not work so i cant see exactly what is going on.

You might want to post this in the ‘service and repair’ section for more views C8-)

Cameron92Cameron92
        Participant

Quoted From dreamer2355:

Welcome to the forums.

The link does not work so i cant see exactly what is going on.

You might want to post this in the ‘service and repair’ section for more views C8-)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iyfBoXv9oO8 fixed link.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…