Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1992 Mitsubish Eclipse GSX – Two tone midnight blue and arti

1992 Mitsubish Eclipse GSX – Two tone midnight blue and arti

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars 1992 Mitsubish Eclipse GSX – Two tone midnight blue and arti

• Creator
    Topic
    TexasCoderTexasCoder
    Participant

I know it is not a typical “muscle” car, but there is just something about that body style and the year they introduced the tear drop headlights, that has always won me over. I love the way it looks and the way it sounds. Don’t get me wrong, if I had to choose that or a ’69 camaro…well, let’s just say there would be some serious thought put into it. 🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Yea not too many of those around, I think that was getting toward the end of their run.

RedeemerRedeemer
        Participant

Do you have one? I would like to see some pictures of this!

TexasCoderTexasCoder
          Participant

No, sadly the Eclipse (that year model) is like a mythical unicorn. But here is a pic I grabbed off the internet of what I am talking about. I don’t see many Eagle Talons/Mitsubishi Eclipses/Plymouth Lasers on the road anymore S:( This is the best image I could find on the internet, but at least it shows the tear drop headlights:

SpawnedXSpawnedX
            Participant

Plenty of them still kicking, but DSMers usually stay DSMers for life, so they are never seen for sale. I just happen to know of a 91 in that color scheme for sale right now, real clean. It’s in Mass. if you are interested.

TexasCoderTexasCoder
              Participant

Quoted From SpawnedX:

Plenty of them still kicking, but DSMers usually stay DSMers for life, so they are never seen for sale. I just happen to know of a 91 in that color scheme for sale right now, real clean. It’s in Mass. if you are interested.

Thank you for the offer, but right now I have no budget for toys. C;(

But, if I did, I would not hesitate to drive up North with a trailer and bring that baby home. Do you have any photos of your 99? I love those body styles also, something about the shape just gives it a better stance than the gen 4 and up.

SpawnedXSpawnedX
                Participant

Quoted From TexasCoder:

Thank you for the offer, but right now I have no budget for toys. C;(

But, if I did, I would not hesitate to drive up North with a trailer and bring that baby home. Do you have any photos of your 99? I love those body styles also, something about the shape just gives it a better stance than the gen 4 and up.

This link is to my project log for the car, which includes pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/3ssjruc

TexasCoderTexasCoder
                  Participant

Quoted From SpawnedX:

This link is to my project log for the car, which includes pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/3ssjruc

You are a DSM man after my own heart. Way to go on cleaning up the door panels and switches! I had read, a while back, that the switch mounts plagued owner just like the dash pealing plagues us Gen 1/2 owners. Well done! I bookmarked that site, I am excited to see you bring it back to life. And KUDOS on that amp wire harness!!! Holy cow, that was a mess when you got it. Did you get a new harnes from the dealer or a junk yard?

hondaslave1342hondaslave1342
                    Participant

i have a 1990 eclipse in my drive way right now…i will post pics soon…its been sitting since 2006,,,first year, first generation…its a AWD turbo automatic with 96K…for some reason its stuck in high gear…all other gears work fine but in drive its in high…if i manually put in 1st, it is still stuck in 4th…i get offers 2-3 times a month….

SpawnedXSpawnedX
                      Participant

Quoted From TexasCoder:

You are a DSM man after my own heart. Way to go on cleaning up the door panels and switches! I had read, a while back, that the switch mounts plagued owner just like the dash pealing plagues us Gen 1/2 owners. Well done! I bookmarked that site, I am excited to see you bring it back to life. And KUDOS on that amp wire harness!!! Holy cow, that was a mess when you got it. Did you get a new harnes from the dealer or a junk yard?

Completely forgot to check this post again. I contacted a DSMer in PA who just bought a mint GST shell with absolutely no rust and his 99 GSX was rusting away, so he converted the GST to a GSX and was scrapping the shell. I asked him to cut out a whole bunch of harness connectors with enough extra wire to use to fix mine.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…