Menu

1992 pontaic firebird 305 no start

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1992 pontaic firebird 305 no start

• Creator
    Topic
    NathanNathan
    Participant

Having an intermitent issue with the icm for no reason i can find but sometimes ill go out and it will crank but ive got no fule no spark then i remove ithe icm and put it back only to find that hey the thing runs it not a big deal because it takes 5 min to fix its just super annoying to do every couple of weeks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

You either have a faulty connection or failing ICM

NathanNathan
        Participant

I keep putting icms in it and still contuine to have the problem ive checked all the connections for shorts and opens ive even went as far to replace the pigtails that i could replace have ypu ever seen the distributor pick-up cause something like this?

Participant

Are the ICM all from the same MFG? if so there might be a lot issues with the replacements.
            Does the fuel pump prime every time when the key is in the RUN position..Not START
            How do you know the fuel pump stops working when it doesn’t start?

NathanNathan
            Participant

The pump still primes like its susposed to but the injectors never fire and no ive tried several different mfg even paid 4xs as much at the dealer ffor a oem part still same thing and the pump would make sense if i had spark but there isnt any spark either and the injectors make a very distinct sound when they are firing plus i can see the fuel spary

Participant

Very odd….
                Have you inspcted the connections at the ECU?
                I might try looking at the command signal from the ECU, also crank / cam signals

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…