Menu

1993 saturn sw2 cutting out

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1993 saturn sw2 cutting out

• Creator
    Topic
    Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
    Participant

The purge valve kind of concerns me.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MattMatt
      Participant

The only code you are getting is for the purge solenoid?

college mancollege man

I would concentrate on the IAC. as suggested try tapping on it._x000D_
          at this point you might want to pull it out and clean it. also clean_x000D_
          any passage out. reinstall. if the idle improves. replace the IAC_x000D_
          The purge solenoid should not cause the idle issue. y

deadclowndeadclown
          Participant

i dont think the cannister purge valve is causing to much of an issue its just emmisions and its been on for like 4 years and hasnt done anything to the car. this problem just started out of nowhere last year. and i dont think its a vaccum leak.

deadclowndeadclown
            Participant

it idles just fine around 800 its just when u accelerate very lightly and release the pedal it bogs down and tries to cut off and then catches itself.

deadclowndeadclown
              Participant

this is my check engine light ; Code 26 (according to Haynes):_x000D_
                > Quad Driver output fault_x000D_
                >_x000D_
                > Possible cause: The PCM detects an improper voltage level on the circuit that_x000D_
                > is connected to the Quad Driver Module._x000D_
                and this is what it effe

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                Keymaster

I know the canister purge is listed as one of the possible causes but some of the other causes could cause issues with the idle or the shifting of the transmission such as the AC relay, cooling fan realy, or the Speedo input.

deadclowndeadclown
                  Participant

only reason i say cannister purge is based on reasearch and the fact that everything else eaither works or i have replaced. i narrowed it down to the egr solinoid and the purge solinoid. i replaced the egr the light came back. so i started reasearching an

Keymaster

This is the reason I made the Performance video series.

deadclowndeadclown
                      Participant

i only bought the one part and have admitted my idea was flawed in just determining that the purge solinoid must be the issue. i bought the one part roughly 3 years ago it didnt turn of the cel light so i assumed it was the other solinoid never replaced i

Keymaster

No worries I’m just trying to put you on that path to diagnosis but you’re going to have to meet us half way and do some testing rather than assuming and replacing parts.

deadclowndeadclown
                          Participant

i did have the egr and cannister purge solinoid tested back when the light first showed up. the guy at the garaged ohmed both solinoids and he said in these exact words. I omhed both solinoids they ohmed out correctly but when the car heats up the solinoi

Keymaster

I would follow the troubleshooting for the code from the start to see if I could locate the cause of the failure.

deadclowndeadclown
                              Participant

i did the code stuff all the lights work the ac works when i turn the ac on the fan will kick on again tho im not sure what the shift light would be for me since i have an automatic. did i mention i hate obd1 such a pain. i will go thru it again when i ha

college mancollege man

The coolant sensor when cold should tell the computer_x000D_
                                  make the mixture rich. does the car run at normal operating temp?_x000D_
                                  With the car in park. can you slowly rev the car without cutout or hesitation?_x000D_
                                  heres a link. follow this procedure to see if any cod

deadclowndeadclown
                                  Participant

theres no problem in park slowly revving. the temperature runs like it always has when moving it stays very low on the gauge when idling it raises up close to red then the fans kick on and cool it down. ive had it checked for how high the temp gets before

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…