Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1994 Acura Legend Coupe Type II 6 Speed

1994 Acura Legend Coupe Type II 6 Speed

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions 1994 Acura Legend Coupe Type II 6 Speed

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Here is the ‘public’ release about my new car. I honestly didn’t want to buy it, but the price came into my comfort zone and now I have a few more cylinders to feed. Still, it’s a great car and a joy to drive.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      PaulPaul
      Participant

Honda offered the “Air Refiner” accessory that would be installed in the compartment in the rear decklid, although it was not popular in the US. It was early cabin air filter with a remote control and a recirculation fan – a product of the 90’s.

What are your plans for the paint?

Keymaster

Interesting. However, the HVAC already has a cabin filter in it. These were the first models to have one.

Nate JonesNate Jones
          Participant

This is a sweet little ride! If only Honda made some RWD cars other than the S2K, I’d be all over something like this. Nearly as much stuff as my 01 BMW!

Regarding the hail damage and paint…

The hail damage could be improved, if not solved entirely, by the careful massaging of a PDR technician. PDR = paintless dent repair; it’s a new-ish form of repair that I first saw a few years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=undb6jVC3-Q

I don’t know your area, but I do know that a friend of mine in Ohio used a Mercedes dealer in Cleveland to have PDR work done on his ’00 BMW M5, and was extremely pleased with the results.

I don’t know if Honda used single-stage paint on these models, or if it had used a two-stage (color/clear) process in 94. If it’s single-stage, you may be able to bring the paint back entirely with the aid of a dual-action polisher and some high quality compounds (Mezerna/Jescar and Meguiar’s are my favorites). If it is a two-stage paint, I see evidence of clear coat failure on the hood; that is, unfortunately, only fixable with a respray.

I don’t know if it will ever be a Barrett-Jackson car; those 50s Chevys have a lot of staying power, but I can see these going up in value over time. Great to see that this one has a new, passionate owner 🙂

Keymaster

When I deal with the hail damage and paint, I’ll likely hire out experts. Once I do that, I’ll also do the interior. Thing is, that would probably set me back $5K total. That would exceed what it’s worth at this point. As it sits, I could sell it for a profit now.

BTW, I spet 2 days bringing the paint back to what you see in the video using the methods you describe. It used to be much worse.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…