Menu

1994 gmc 1500 no crank

• Creator
    Topic
    willwill
    Participant

I have a 1994 GMC truck with a no crank condition. The battery terminals were replaced, battery was recharged and tested ok. Starter was replaced. No crank with started mounted or not mounted to the engine.

The issue is when the ignition key is turned all of the lights go out and the started does not turn. What could it be> Ignition switch, starter relay, or neutral safety switch?

Thanks, Will

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      A toyotakarlIts me

Check for voltage to the starter. You should also check fuses and the relay..

angelo paloumbisangelo paloumbis
        Participant

ign switch. very possible, also make sure that the neutral saftey switch is operating correctly, try shifting it around and see. is the truck a auto or manual trans? gm trucks if i am not mistaking DO NOT have a starter relay.
          1 is there power at the bat cable at the starter?
          2 make sure that the little wire is connected to the “s” terminal on the starter solenoid. if it is check for power at that connection when you turn the key to the crank position.

angelo paloumbisangelo paloumbis
          Participant

also double check your connections. if no head lamps or other lites maybe a bad connection at battery or ground cable

jayjay
            Participant

corroded battery cables underneath the insulation.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

What you describe sounds like a connection issue. I would recheck your cable installation and make sure all the connections are good. More info here.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-no-start-problems

Good luck and keep us posted.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…