Menu

1994 Honda Accord wheel bearing

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1994 Honda Accord wheel bearing

• Creator
    Topic
    MattMatt
    Participant

My experience has been more with toyota and chrysler bearings, but they are press fit as well. I’ve never pressed them myself, but I’ve bought the part and taken the assembly to the local (insert big chain garage) and had them pressed. At least with toyotas, both bearings and hubs were identical. What concerns me more is the fact that the bearing slipped off the hub like that. I thought hondas were at least a fairly similar setup. And in my honest opinion, I would save myself doing the job again in a few months and invest in a new bearing. Just my take bud.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

The wheel bearings usualy are not side specific.

Do you know if the wheel bearing you have is a press fit, a complete front hub assembly or one of those captive designs where when servicing the rotors, you have to remove the bearing module?

I tried looking up info for your car at Autozone but there were several bearing types to choose from.

Im sure Eric has the answer for you right off the bat for this one 🙂

MattMatt
        Participant

If you use Eric’s handy new ‘Search’ engine and type in wheel bearing removal, he actually show the process for a honda accord. I dunno what year it is or if it’s the same setup you have, but may save you lots of time bro. Good luck.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

I believe you should be fine. Beefy is right about me having a video on the removal of that bearing from the knuckle, they are not specifc to side but the fasteners are offset so you can only install them in one direction. You got lucky gettinig the old one out so good for you on that. Most honda parts are marked as Honda but in your case since your using salvage parts it would be hard to tell. Here is a link to that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UirzXEmnxVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEDrioMDe1k

Good luck

ShirokumaShirokuma
            Participant

Hi all,

To answer the above questions, I am referring to the hub and bearing assembly separating from the steering knuckle (or control arm?). I studied the videos for this procedure, bought and set four 10mm x 1.25 bolts to hit with a 2lb hand sledge, and carefully wet the area where the bearing sits inside the knuckle with WD40. Once I was ready to hit the bolts with a hammer, I noticed that the bearing was already moving inside the bore. So I wiggled it out by hand, and was very surprised!

So now I’m thinking Eric needs a talisman to ward off evil spirits.
              Jeff

jbonejbone
              Participant

Quoted From Shirokuma:

Hi all,

To answer the above questions, I am referring to the hub and bearing assembly separating from the steering knuckle (or control arm?). I studied the videos for this procedure, bought and set four 10mm x 1.25 bolts to hit with a 2lb hand sledge, and carefully wet the area where the bearing sits inside the knuckle with WD40. Once I was ready to hit the bolts with a hammer, I noticed that the bearing was already moving inside the bore. So I wiggled it out by hand, and was very surprised!

So now I’m thinking Eric needs a talisman to ward off evil spirits.
                Jeff

Now Thats lucky, good for you,people beatin their’s out and yours falls out…lol

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…