Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1994 Honda Civic auto to manual swap clutch not engaging

1994 Honda Civic auto to manual swap clutch not engaging

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1994 Honda Civic auto to manual swap clutch not engaging

• Creator
    Topic
    Hamza RiazHamza Riaz
    Participant

Hey all, new member here, hope I posted in correct section.

I have a 1994 Honda Civic EG in which I fitted a D16Z6 engine. The engine was originally auto so I have sourced a manual box with second hand flywheel and clutch kit.

I have put everything together and got the car started but it does not drive. I can select any gear but the car won’t drive. If I let off clutch pedal in gear, the car does not stall and keeps running.

Now after researching online, I think I fitted the clutch kit incorrectly because here is what I did.

I fitted second hand flywheel without resurfacing it. I torqued the bolts straight to 90nm in clockwise position and not in cross/crisis position.
      I fitted clutch pressure plate with clutch disc without using clutch alignment tool. Once again I torqued the bolts in clockwise position.

I do not have a correct throttle cable so I cannot give the car gas but surely that doesn’t matter right because car should still move when clutch is at bite point right?

This is my first time doing transmission/clutch change so I don’t know what else I missed out on apart from realising clutch may not be properly aligned at torqued.

Any Honda experts who can advise me? Thanks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…