Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1995 Buick Door Lock and Window Problems

1995 Buick Door Lock and Window Problems

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1995 Buick Door Lock and Window Problems

• Creator
    Topic
    Lyle PetersonLyle Peterson
    Participant

1995 Buick Century Custom four door with 3.1L engine.

Driver’s window works from the driver’s side switches. Rear passenger window works from driver’s switches. Doors lock when the transmission is put in gear.

Right front lock and window do not work from either driver’s switches or right front switches.

Is there a BCM hidden somewhere in the maze under the dash or under the hood?

Are the fusible links at the starter or at the terminal block on the firewall? I haven’t been able to see and identify them.

I know about the possibility of broken wires between the door and the body. Hard to test for and even harder to repair.

I have the factory manuals for this car. The schematics show that A connects to B but doesn’t say where A and B are located.

Thank you all for you input on this.

Lyle

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BrianBrian
      Participant

It might be easier and less frustrating to test the window motor out directly. The door panel will likely have to come off. You can then.find the connector to the window.motor, then find a safe poer supply to feed it for a moment to see if it makes noise at all. If it does but the window doesn’t move, then the cable operated regulator is faulty. If power is allowed directly and there is no noise at all, then it clearly time for a new motor. The window motor does not run on straight battery voltage. Make sure to apply the right amount of power so it doesn’t burn it up. You can use c or d cell batteries to make a pack close to the right voltage for this test.
        Keep in mind also that many cars do not allow for replacing the window motor only, they are sold as a unit with the regulator, online for about $50 in most cases.
        All the windows run on the same fuse and relay too, so if any of them work, then those are not the issue.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

No BCM in 95 to my knowledge. This video might be helpful however.

More info on solving problems like this here.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-electrical-problems

Good luck and please keep us updated on your progress.

Lyle PetersonLyle Peterson
          Participant

Eric,

Do you think that the old, failed motor caused the issue with the switch?

Lyle

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…