Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1996 Accord starts for 1 second then dies.Starts and stays running after 4th try

1996 Accord starts for 1 second then dies.Starts and stays running after 4th try

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1996 Accord starts for 1 second then dies.Starts and stays running after 4th try

• Creator
    Topic
    brianbrian
    Participant

Hot weather, cold weather, sitting for 5 minutes or overnight I turn the switch it cranks and starts for 1 second then dies. On the fourth attempt it will start and stay running EVERYTIME, you can bet your life on its consistentcy. I could live with that but it has an off idle hesitation that could get you killed pulling into traffic, does that 75% of the time after it does crank and stay running.. Jiggled key,no change. I had a spare distributor so I swapped them,no change. Replaced the relay,no change. New fuel filter,no change. New Denso pump,no change. Any suggestions?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by brianbrian.
    Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Bad fuel pressure regulator possibly

brianbrian
        Participant

I wondered about that because when I checked the fuel pressure I pulled the regulator hose and it went up, but when I hooked the hose back up and pulled it off again the pressure didn’t go back up.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…