Menu

1996 Buick Regal 3800 supercharger?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Engine Modifications 1996 Buick Regal 3800 supercharger?

• Creator
    Topic
    AlexAlex
    Participant

Hi all, I’ve been trying to find info on this for quite a while. I own a 1996 Buick Regal Custom (base trim) with the 3800 Series II engine. I’ve been thinking about trying to put a supercharger on it, probably the one off the 1997 Regal Grand Sport’s engine. I [i]could[/i] do a straight up engine swap, but my engine has incredibly low mileage (~78,000!) so I’d rather just stick a supercharger on it.

The question I’ve been trying to find an answer to is will that work? I’ve been able to figure out that the intake manifolds are different, but that’s easy to deal with [i]if[/i] the 1997’s manifold will fit on the 1996 version of the engine. [i]That’s[/i] the thing I just cannot find any information on. Are they the same bolt pattern? Do the holes line up? Am I completely out of my mind (lol)?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      AlexAlex
      Participant

🙁

Also I can’t edit the original post anymore for some reason, so the broken formatting is stuck there for eternity…

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…