Menu

1997 CR-V rear glass won't open

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1997 CR-V rear glass won't open

• Creator
    Topic
    Brett NeumiillerBrett Neumiiller
    Participant

Hi everyone!

As the title says I can’t open my glass hatch on my 97 CR-V. When I click the hatch release button I can hear a motor but nothing happens. I really could care less if hatch couldn’t open but unfortunately one of my tail lights has burnt out and now I can’t change it without getting the glass open.

I thought maybe I could manually open it by taking the plastic cover from the tailgate off but from what I read so far it sounds like you need the tailgate open which of course is impossible if I can’t get the glass open.

This is a new vehicle to me as I’ve only had it for a 2 weeks and just finished doing the timing belt so I am slowly finding secrets that the previous owner didn’t tell me such as a dents right behind where the spare tire mounts which makes me believe that has something to do with the actuator not working. Does anyone have a possible workaround to my problem?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…