Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1997 Honda Accord Random misfire.. please help

1997 Honda Accord Random misfire.. please help

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1997 Honda Accord Random misfire.. please help

• Creator
    Topic
    Vito KapustinVito Kapustin
    Participant

Hi.

I’ve been trying to find a reason why this 1997 Honda Accord 2.2l Vtec engine has a random misfire.. When you start the car, it runs good for 5 seconds and then it starts having that random misfire. You can hear it from the tailpipe. Check engine is flashing (codes: P0301,P0302,P0300). Engine has a slight shake, but it’s not a dead misfire. Spark plugs and wires are new, compression was checked and is good. No vacuum leaks, fuel delivery and injectors are good.. Here’s a very strange part.. I adjusted the valves to spec and random misfire was still there. Later, I tried to loosen the valves a little more and the random misfire went away… It’s crazy.. But.. The engine was ticking which I didn’t like, so I readjusted the valves back to specs. And random misfire is still there.. After trying to loosen the valves again, I cannot get the misfire to go away anymore.. I looked at the LIVESTREAM DATA and everything looked good.
      The only thing I was concerned about was IAT= 135 . is that normal? Outside temp was 60 degrees.

It also showed Ignition Advance=15 deg.

I am really lost.. Don’t know what else to look for.. Please help

But the car drives great! No power issues at all.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…